Monday, June 25, 2007

The American Dream.

Whilst over in the Essex/Hertford area this weekend picking up Kittens (I would post pics cos I know you all love the little fluffy things.) I got the chance to pop along to the brand new Dreamland park in Saffron Walden.

It looked like it would be soaking wet there and I'd only get pics but I actually managed to get a good roll around there for a bit before the rain came back. It's all big and gnarly, but so so skateable and smooth. It's a step up from the usual UK crete finishing, please take note UK park builders - this is how you do it. Also, if you are reading this, cos of course all UK park builders love The 'Tash, then DO THE FUCKIN LANDSCAPING BEFORE THE PARK. Kids on bikes + Mud = a pain in the arse and mucky griptape. Wayne wouldn't approve.

Heres the pics for yer, spaff time.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice one Bob, thanks for the photees, looks good, think I better pay it a visit. (mind you I ain't got around to Dartford yet and that's closer)

Paul Sampson said...

[drools] hope the coping is holding up. I know Martin is varnishing it every week but that won't hold it if the bikes get stupid. I've got my flights booked and I'm off there next week! Woo! 50-50 in the big bowl is my target. [shivers]

Bawb said...

Yep coping was looking fine on the bowl. They've got "No pegs" sprayed everywhere and I saw one kid take his off his bike so all good ;)

The big bowl is fuckin ginormous. The middle one is a bit crackers too, quite tight...

Anonymous said...

cunty muddypath bollox

Tim Leighton-Boyce said...

Every time I come across pictures of all these new places to skate, I am amazed. This is such a different world now. Almost too good to be true.